For when we're meeting in person...
West Wales Buddhist Group events in the Quaker Meeting House:
Here is a summary of the precautions we have in place to prevent the spread of COVID 19. We have prepared this using the guidance from the Quaker Meeting House, Welsh Government guidance, and the principles of infection control.
By attending an event you agree to abide by these precautions.
Leaving and entering the building
• Please use a one-way system - enter the building through the main door and exit via the emergency exit on the right at the stage end of the hall.
• Use the hand sanitiser provided when entering the building.
• Before entering the building you will be asked whether you have any Covid symptoms, feel unwell or have been in contact with anyone who has had a positive Covid test or who has Covid.
• We need to keep a written record of the names and contact details of everybody attending – this will be collected when you arrive. Your details will be shared with Test & Trace if necessary.
During the event
Research so far suggests that the biggest method of C-19 transmission is via airborne droplets, rather than by touching surfaces. Therefore:
• We will maintain 2m distancing at all times.
• No more than 15 people will attend meetings, to allow for this.
• Face coverings will be worn whilst indoors, unless drinking. Visors are not adequate and are not a substitute for a face covering. Please let the session leader know if you have a medical exemption.
The person leading the session (‘leading worship’) does not need to wear a face covering but will ensure they are over 2m from the nearest person.
• Good ventilation will be maintained at all times and a number of windows on opposite sides of the Meeting House will remain open to ensure good ventilation. Bring warm clothing / blankets!
• Please follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover the mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, disposing of the tissue immediately and then washing your hands. If tissues are not available please cough/sneeze into the crook of the arm rather than the hands.
Eating and drinking
• The back room and kitchen are not in use, and the Quaker Meeting House requests that food should not be consumed in the building. It’s fine to bring your own drinks.
• If you are coming to a day event, you can either leave to find your lunch, or bring a packed lunch which we will eat outside, under the covered walkway if necessary.
Meditation and Shrine
• Chairs / mats and cushions will be arranged at 2m spacing. Mats and cushions are still provided (it’s no different to chairs with cloth coverings), although feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
• People creating the shrines should use hand sanitiser before and afterwards.
• People putting the mats and cushions out and getting them back in the drawer afterwards should use hand sanitiser before and afterwards.
• Offerings to the shrine should be disposable (ie: incense, tapers or natural objects not tea lights).
• It’s fine to go and make offerings and to bow from kneeling in the usual way, but keep your head well clear of the floor. Please don’t prostrate as this involves your face to the floor.
Chanting and speaking
· Call and response (collective speaking) is permissible as long as voices remain moderate.
· Collective singing or chanting indoors is now permitted, as long as face coverings are worn, social distancing is maintained, and there is good ventilation to the space.
West Wales Buddhist Group library
• Please hand sanitise before and after touching books. Feel free to borrow them in the usual way.
Cleaning hard surfaces
• The Quaker Meeting House has in place its own thorough cleaning protocol between hall users.